Great Advice from a movie!




I just watched "Generation Gap" this weekend with my wife. It is a Hallmark Channel original about a teenage boy who goes to live with his grandfather, played by Ed Asner, for the summer to learn some lessons and turn his troubled life around. The movie was very enjoyable to watch, with a great cast. I highly recommend the movie. Hallmark Channel replays it every few weeks.

There are two great lines in the movie that I think all teachers should share with their students.

"Here are the rules:
1. Be on time.
2. Do what's right.
3. Treat everyone with respect."

"It doesn't matter how many books you get through, it does matter how much of a good book gets through to you."

I am posting the rules on my classroom wall and explaining them to my students on the first day of class next year. I think that those three rules are perfect for all students, especially if they are taught what the "right" things are.